Monday, February 1, 2016

Catching up on things...

So, this year I managed to complete NaNoWriMo for the first time ever!  It was a delightful moment when I uploaded my work and got my badge.  Of course, the story is far from finished, but it is taking shape nicely.  It also is a new genre for me, so I am feeling the delights of stretching my wings a bit.  More on that later.

Christmas was quite busy, with a hurried trip to visit family out of state.  I also had the chance to meet a friend at my favorite used-bookstore, the Flagship location of Half Price Books, and take advantage of the after-Christmas sale.  I found two boxes of books, many of which are vintage novels, and some of those with the original dust jackets.  I have to add about fifteen of them to Goodreads' database on my own, so that gives you a sense of how rare they are.  And, of course, I have already read several of them.  This week's gem from the box was "A Daughter of Fife" by Amelia Huddleston Barr.

Check out each "What I'm Reading" post for favorite reads and reviews that I'm doing.  For more of what I'm reading, check out my Goodreads account at: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/17442587-hannah

Last week I attended the state Evangelism conference and heard some fabulous preaching.  I intend to share some notes on what I've heard in the next few weeks.  It does my heart good to see pastors going down to the altar and praying!!

No comments:

Post a Comment